General Features and Functions
The unit is designed so it may be discreetly mounted behind a panel with microphones and speakers positioned in convenient and accessible locations
- Clear voice communication between front and rear vehicle compartments
- Messages stored on Micro SD card (not supplied)
- Can broadcast pre-recorded messages
- Optional ignition sense input to switch on and off via ignition
- Compact size
- Built-in heat sink for constant operation
- 2 x active microphone and control switches are supplied separately so can match operational requirements and vehicle interior aesthetics
- Standard speakers, microphones and PTT switches are available from Standby RSG if required
- If required PTT switches can be buttons associated with Multi-Way Switch units
Pre-Recorded Message Announcement Mode:
When the Audio Intercom Controller (AIC) device is set-up in this mode either a single or multiple pre-recorded messages, stored on a micro SD memory card (not supplied), can be broadcast through the unit when it is controlled by our MCS-32 device. To allow total flexibility with the message content, that are normally verbal announcements with or without sound effects, these are first recorded using the Windows Wave application on a PC and then downloaded on to a SD memory card that is then inserted into the AIC.
Audio Intercom Controller Mode:
When the AIC device is set-up in this mode (either with or without the MCS-32) it can be used as either a Simplex (1-Way) or Duplex (2-Way) Intercom system, depending upon the desired operating method for particular types of vehicles and their associated operational practises. Where for example ‘speaking priority’ can be allocated to either the front or rear operator depending whether the Push to Talk (PTT) switch is either latching or momentary in action. Also when used in conjunction with the MCS-32 device the Intercom facility can have the PTT function associated with a Multi-Way Switch button, as well as being linked-in with other vehicle operations such as when the blue’s & two’s are active.
Combined Pre-Recorded Message Announcement and Audio Intercom Controller Mode:
When the AIC device is set-up in this mode it acts as a device that both Announces Pre-Recorded Messages as well as acting as an Intercom however, due to the potential complex of this application this mode can only be applied when used in conjunction with our MCS-32 device.
3 Year manufacturers warranty
Typical Application Schematic